Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday round-up

I first met jay Dixon, this week's Sunday interviewee, when were both on a panel earlier this year for BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour discussing Georgette Heyer. It was a great discussion, but useless from a publicity point-of-view as I was edited down to one sentence, and I don't believe they mentioned our books. A useful lesson learned, however. Now I don't do anything without making sure I get a plug for the book. jay mentions the benefits she gleaned from publicity before her book was out, and I'd agree with this. Before your book is available its still interesting / new, as it is when it first comes out. As time passes, this fades. You can still market your book, but it's one less hook you've got at your disposal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home